The Los Angeles Mission exists to provide help, hope and opportunity to men, women and children in need.
Core Values – Distinctiveness of the Los Angeles Mission
- We believe that all services provided to those in need should be done so in love, offering hope, mercy and compassion.
- We believe that personal spiritual transformation occurs from strong Christian discipleship, equipping and training.
- We believe that addictions can be overcome through prayer, medical treatment and deep, abiding, healthy relationships.
- We believe that homelessness is a temporary condition that, when desired, can be overcome with personal healing, educational assistance, housing and employment.
The Los Angeles Mission strives to be a world leader among Missions that provide for the poor, restore the addicted and eliminate homelessness.
We see each individual as a spiritual person of worth and dignity and worthy of assistance in their journey. Our vision is to see individuals and families set free from addictions and homelessness, transformed by God to become physically and spiritually healthy; educationally equipped to participate in society and sustain housing; and encouraged to create relationships of love and service to others. We seek to help those who have been abused and neglected to find a better life. We seek to help those who have become addicted to understand their addictions, to expect physical healing and to live in ways that are healthy to soul, mind and body. To fulfill this vision we:
- Provide residential and non-residential Christian discipleship programs designed to address addictions and abuse by offering spiritual and physical tools to overcome addiction and live healthy, productive lives.
- Give tangible help including gift-in-kind donations of food, clothing and shelter to those who are homeless or in jeopardy of becoming homeless. We provide and partner to offer emergency, transitional and permanent supportive housing.
- Utilize a virtual network of connected relationships where persons are cared for and supported by mentors and friends using internet communications and cutting-edge technology.
- Support and encourage literacy, education and training for employment as the equipping means for self support and stabilization. We work to assist those for whom a self-sustaining lifestyle is beyond their abilities.
- Advocate for a future where homeless individuals are loved and cared for while at the same time expected to work towards self-sustaining futures.
- Teach persons to live in healthy, supportive relationships, which provide for spiritual, emotional and physical support with personal accountability.
- Create opportunities for donors and volunteers to experience making a personal difference in the lives of the people who seek help from the Mission.
- Empower our staff and partners to participate side by side in collaboration of support for those in need.
- Aspire to provide an environment in which staff, students, alumni, donors and volunteers are not afraid to have fun. We foster the ability to choose an attitude of laughter, joy and greatness, and desire living life to its fullest every day.