Los Angeles Mission provides clothing to friends and neighbors in need as well as students participating in numerous recovery programs. We are always in need of clothing that fits a wide range of individuals.
- Clothing and shoes in men’s, women’s and children’s sizes
- Extra-large and tall sizes are needed (XL, XXL, XXXL shirts)
- Business attire is appreciated
- New undergarments **used undergarments will not be accepted**
- Women’s underwear sizes 5-16
- Men’s boxers sizes L, XL, XXL
- Sports bras & plus sizes
- Tube socks
- Sun hats and ball caps for summertime
- Coats, beanies and gloves for wintertime
- Pajamas, tops and bottoms
Things to consider before donating clothing…
Consider the dignity of the person you are donating to. At Los Angeles Mission we never ask someone to wear something we wouldn’t be willing to wear ourselves. Please make sure that all used clothing is clean, of good quality and ready to wear (no repairs needed). Please sort, box and label all clothes according to gender (men, women or children) and mark the box as ‘used.’
Los Angeles Mission serves the Skid Row community with daily showers and access to hygiene products and toiletries. For this reason, we must keep an abundant supply of these products. Consider sponsoring a hygiene drive among friends and associates to assist us in meeting this need.
- Toothpaste & toothbrushes
- Body/ hand lotion
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Small face cloths
- Hand sanitizer
- Travel-size facial tissues
- Tampons/ sanitary napkins
Travel sizes of these products are most helpful as we have volunteers assemble them into hygiene kits, however any regular-size product donation will benefit our recovery program participants. If you’d like to assemble hygiene kits remotely as a volunteer activity and way to donate, please contact Jessica Mason at 213-629-1227, ext. 437
Los Angeles Mission collects canned food items 365 days a year. We support many friends and neighbors weekly with food boxes. We welcome any non-perishable items. Talk to your friends at work or at church and put together a food drive for the Mission. You can use the listing below as a guide when collecting items for donation.
- Boxed dinners
- Canned fruit
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, beef, pork, Vienna sausage)
- Canned milk
- Drinks (water, juices, sodas, tea – hot or iced)
- Mashed potatoes
- Peanut butter
- Soups (Ramen, Cup of Noodles)
Where do I drop off?
We have two drop-off locations for your convenience:
Los Angeles Mission – Donation Drop-off
316 Winston Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday 7am – 7pm, Closed Sundays
Drive-Thru Drop-Off Center
351 S. Anderson Street
Los Angeles, CA 90033
During the drop-off process staff will ask you to fill out a donation receipt in order to keep internal records and provide you with a receipt of the donation (acceptable for tax purposes).
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 213-629-1227, ext. 437.